Trinity Christian Academy is proud to offer Eagle's Wings to all students in Kindergarten through 5th Grade. This program is an educational support for students needing extra attention in language arts and/or math. The MTA program for dyslexia is also offered.
Eagle's Wings is designed to supplement TCA's current instructional program in order to help struggling students maintain satisfactory progress and achieve grade-level expectations.
Eagle's Wings teachers pre-teach lessons using manipulatives, visual aides, and questioning techniques to help students grasp broad concepts. Then, struggling students are better prepared to comprehend classroom instruction. Re-teaching is provided for students needing more assistance.
Eagle's Wings reinforces classroom learning by:
- Creating a warm, accepting atmosphere that minimizes frustration and feelings of inadequacy about academic performance.
- Systematically monitoring and coordinating goals and objectives with the classroom teacher.
- Regularly communicating with parents.
- Pre-teching new concepts to aid understanding before the initial classroom presentation.
- Re-teaching concepts to reinforce learning.
- Establishing informal, ongoing evaluations of students to determine the effectiveness of the program.
- Building a strong elementary foundation in which to sustain student progress in the upper grades.
Enrollment in Eagle's Wings is selective. Recommendations are made by classroom teachers and parents.
There are a limited number of students who will be enrolled. Students will be taught individually and in small groups of two or three students from the same grade and classroom. Since Eagle's Wings is a specialized program, it has a qualified teacher and separate classroom in order to meet the need of its students.
Eagle's Wings will be scheduled during "special classes" and not during the direct teaching of core subjects. An end-of-year summary will be provided to the student's parents and cumulative file. Ideally, students are enrolled in the program on a yearly basis and are review annually. It is possible for students to enter the program at any time. Students enrolled in Eagle's Wings must continue the program until the end of the school year.
Cost for participation in Eagle's Wings is $160/month for the academic year and will be invoiced separately from tuition.