It’s hard to believe that I am writing my last newsletter article. We have had such a great year and are already gearing up for 2017-18! Below are a few reminders that you will need in order to be “in-the- know” at the end of the year:
- Make sure you have turned in your Splash Kingdom field trip forms. Every adult who is attending must pay admittance.
- Take a look at our website to check dates for Trinity Activity Camps this summer. There have been some date changes and we want to make sure everyone knows when their camp will meet.
- The last day for Eagle’s Nest is May 24th.
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 25th. Our elementary awards ceremony will be at 10:45 in the TBC sanctuary. We will dismiss at 11:30.
- May 19th is this year’s last opportunity to bring food for the Center of Hope canned food drive. Please send 5 cans of food so we can stock their summer pantry. There will be a lot of hungry kiddos who will be out of school in Parker County. I know that Center of Hope would appreciate anything we can give.
As far as preparing for next year, I want you to be aware of a change in our 2017-18 elementary school routine. We will have Parent’s Night (parents only) on Monday, Aug. 21st at 6:00. Then, on Tuesday from 10:00-12:00, classrooms will be open for a come-and-go “Student Day”. Every student and at least one parent are welcome to come to school, drop off supplies and meet their new teacher. We hope that this new format will allow parents to get needed information while students have time to become familiar with their new classrooms. Obviously, you will receive more information about these required meetings. Please mark your calendars now and plan to attend.
I can’t finish without saying, “Thank you.” I am very grateful for the last 11 years as your elementary principal. I have absolutely fallen in love with you- my TCA family. Your children are precious. They reflect their love of the Lord and the good job you are doing as parents. Know that I will continue to pray for our elementary school, Dr. Newby and TCA families.
Thanks in advance to our hardworking PTF executive board, students, room moms, volunteers and everyone who will give to our faculty/staff this week. Teacher Appreciation Week is always such a blast! TCA knows how to show love to one another. It’s awesome!
Have a great week as you bless others.
Love, Mrs. Squyres