Dear TCA Family,
Last week, Mr. Nobles reminded us of all the fun events that were happening at our school. He wasn’t kidding!
Wasn’t the TCA Family Dinner wonderful? Thanks to everyone who made last Saturday night so special. I especially enjoyed being reminded of how the Lord has blessed our school. God is using TCA to touch lives in amazing ways. Not only do we teach academics, we teach Jesus. The whole evening really encouraged my heart. We should sit down and have dinner together more often.
We certainly had a lovely Kinder/First grade Easter Musical last Thursday night. Thanks to Mrs. Janyseck for teaching our students so many Easter songs. As I was working at my desk this week, I heard some of our first graders singing the musical songs during afternoon pick up. God’s word has been planted in their young hearts.
Thank you to PTF for the beautiful Family Fellowship Breakfast. It was both sweet and yummy! I saw many happy children as they enjoyed a special time with their parents and friends. I know that our PTF executive board and many volunteers worked hard to provide that meal. I am happy to pass along sentiments and ideas for future breakfasts. Just email me your comments and I will make sure PTF receives them.
The elementary school will have our Spiritual Emphasis week April 10-13th. This is the week leading up to Easter. During the week, our enrichment teachers will plan fun activities for our students based around this year’s theme of “New Life in Christ.” You will see lots of butterflies around our building to help us remember new life. We will tell the story of Christ’s resurrection and gift of salvation. We would greatly appreciate your prayers during this meaningful time.
This week, I have the privilege of going on the 4th grade Texas History trip to Austin and San Antonio. We will take two buses, 26 students, 29 parents, 4 sponsors, snacks and tons of stuffed animals. Our students will tour many places and answer all the docent questions (they always do!) because they have studied so hard to go on the trip. We always have a blast. I can’t wait! I ask that you pray for us as we travel and tour.
That’s what family does. We eat together, play together and pray for one another. Know that I am praying for you!
Love, Mrs. Squyres
We love celebrating Valentine’s Day at TCA Elementary. Who wouldn’t want to give cards and candy to friends? It is a blast!
For example, in Trinity Prep (TCA’s PK program), students enjoy making Valentine’s cards, icing cookies, reading and singing about Valentine’s Day. They participate in Valentine’s word building centers, math activities and science projects. We have a talented group of educators who understand the nature and needs of PK students. Our PK teachers integrate God’s word into the holiday as they teach about God’s love and how to love friends. I am thrilled with the growth I have seen in our PK program. I hope you will spread the word about PK at TCA.
Speaking of spreading the word, both Mr. Nobles and I are busy interviewing new families. It is so awesome to take perspective families on tours of TCA. Our students are kind and loving to one another. They are always impressed with the climate of our school. I would enjoy meeting your friends. Please ask them to call either office to set up an appointment.
Don’t forget that on Feb. 14th, students may wear Valentine’s clothing (Valentine’s colors, decorated clothing, etc.) Elementary parents are encouraged to help with their class Valentine party. Contact your room mom for more information.
I would be amiss if I didn’t take a minute to talk about our greatest Valentine- Jesus. I hope that this week as you celebrate the love of your family and friends, you will be reminded of how much God loves you. “I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:18-20
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love, Mrs. Squyres
As I was thinking about what to write this week, I came across a document that our second grade teachers sent to their parents. It is titled “How We Pray For Our Children.” It is a list of what those teachers are praying for their students. I think we can all benefit from praying scripture for every child at TCA. Please join me and our faculty in lifting our children to the Lord. Scripture tells us to “Pray without ceasing. (1 Thes. 5:17).” If we all prayed daily for our children, we may get close to praying every minute of the day. That is such a cool thought!
12 Powerful Verses to Pray Over Your Children
- Strength- Pray that God gives them the strength to do what they need to do each day. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Courage- Pray that they will be brave as they face the challenges that are before them. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. “ Joshua 1:9
- Peace- Ask that their hearts will be calm and peaceful as they go through their day and in their sleep at night. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
- Provision- Ask God to provide for all that they need – for stamina, spirit, and finances – for each day. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- Direction- Pray that the Lord will lead them as they begin to make more and more decisions as they get older. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- Protection- Ask that God keeps them safe in this increasingly unsafe world. That He will protect them from harm and wickedness. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2
- Joy- Pray that God fills them with the kind of joy that can only come from Him. “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11
- Compassion- Pray that they will show compassion on those in need and who have less than they do. “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
- Justice- Ask God to give them a sense of justice – to stand up for what is right and to defend the weak. “Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.” Isaiah 1:17
- Wisdom- Pray that they will grow in wisdom and understanding. That they’ll be more than “smart” and embrace what is good and right. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” James 1:5
- Hope- Ask God to give them the hope that cmes from above – the kind that far exceeds what we have in the here and now. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” Romans 15:13
- Love- Pray that our children are filled with the love of God. That they will know how deeply they are loved, and that love will overflow onto others. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” 2 Corinthians 13
(From Club 31 Women)
We had blast this week celebrating children’s literacy. Students dressed up as their favorite story character. It was fun to see students dress as Cinderella, the three pigs, and many more. We enjoy reading at TCA!
I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support I have received after last week’s announcement. I am so blessed to have you as my TCA family. We will see what God has in store!
Thank you for your prayers. Know that I am praying for you, too!
Love, Mrs. Squyres
January is the time of year I begin meeting and interviewing a larger number of prospective students and families. It’s an exciting time. It’s interesting to learn about families, their stories, and what has happened in their lives to bring them to our door. Over and over again, I have to opportunity to see how God is working through circumstances in families to place them exactly where they need to be at exactly the right time. Some families learn about us through athletics, their church, or internet searches. There are even some who drive by our campus on a daily basis and simply decide they needed to find out more about us. But most new families consider TCA because of the great things they have heard from you. It is your support and encouragement that draws new families and makes many things possible here at TCA. Thank you for being sensitive to the Lord’s leading and for being a positive voice for Trinity Christian Academy.
On February 2nd we will be hosting our annual Preview Night at 6:00 for the secondary campus (9:30 AM for elementary)! If you know of a family that might be a good fit for TCA, tell them to stop by and talk to us. We’d love to meet them.
If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? Romans 8:31-33