TCA Varsity Track Win Big at TAPPS 3A District 1 Track Meet
Trinity Christian Academy's track team competed at Abilene Christian University for the TAPPS 3A-District 1 meet on Thursday, April 19.
The boys team took home first place and the girls team took home second place. The top four finishers in each event advanced to the North Regional Championship held at Lancaster High School on Friday, April 27.
Advancing for the girls are:
- 100m: Riley Ownby, 1st place (13.53)
- 400m: Lauren Young, 3rd place
- 3200m: Madison Harless, 2nd place
- Long Jump: Lauren Young, 2nd place & Riley Ownby, 3rd place
- Triple Jump: Lauren Young, 3rd place & Erin Kalbfleisch, 4th place
All three relay teams advanced to Regionals. The 4x100 team (Erin Klabfleisch, Lauren Young, Audrey Wortham & Riley Ownby) took 1st place with a time of 54.63. The 4x200 relay team (Marlie Daniels, Riley Ownby, Audrey Wortham & Madison Harless) secured a 2nd place finish. The 4x400 relay team (Marlie Daniels, Madison Harless, Erin Kalbfleisch & Audrey Wortham) secured a 4th place finish.
The boys finished with an impressive 398 points, beating out Harvest Christian (201 points) and Amarillo Ascension (200 points). Many athletes contributed to the victory including:
- 100m: Josh Schardt, 1st place (11.64) & Cody Athey, 4th place
- 200m: Garrett Green, 3rd place
- 400m: Garrett Green, 1st place (50.80)
- 800m: Max Perales, 2nd place
- 1600m: Joel Jeffers, 2nd place
- 3200m: Joel Jeffers, 3rd place
- 110 Hurdles: Colton Bevering, 2nd place
- 300 Hurdles: Colton Bevering, 2nd place
- Triple Jump: Cody Athey, 1st place (40'2"); Caleb Chesney, 3rd place & Colton Bevering, 4th place
- Shot Put: Cobey Bixler, 1st place (35'5.5")
- Discus: Cobey Bixler, 1st place (111'7") & Lars Hanssen, 4th place
All three relay teams advanced to Regionals. The 4x100 team (Caleb Chesney, Cody Athey, Josh Schardt & Preston Gist) took 1st place with a time of 45.12. The 4x200 relay team (Cody Athey, Preston Gist, Caleb Chesney & Josh Schardt) earned 1st place with a time of 1:33.90. The 4x400 relay team (Malen Baldridge, Max Perales, Mason Hornick & Caleb Chesney) secured a 2nd place finish.