PreAP PreCalculus Summer Review
Pre-AP Pre-Calculus – Mandatory Summer Assignment
PreAP Precalculus is a rigorous critical thinking course. Our expectation is that each student is fully prepared; therefore, the following Algebra II concepts must be mastered prior to the beginning of PreAP Precalculus. A great site to use is http://patrickjmt.com/ .
- Simplifying complex fractions
- Simplifying rational expressions and working with rational and negative exponents
- Function operations, compositions, and inverses
- Solving equations
- Equations with rational exponents
- Basic log and exponential equations
- Rational equations
- Writing and graphing equations of lines
- Characteristics of graphs
- Domain and range
- Max and min
- Writing equation from a graph
- Vertical and horizontal transformations of functions
- Parent functions
If you struggle with any topics and want to review, one web site is by Paul Dawkins of Lamar University, http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/. Dr. Dawkins has many notes, sample problems and tutorials that you may find helpful as you review. Some other websites for review are http://patrickjmt.com/ and http://www.coolmath.com/ where you will find a wealth of review material.
In order to ensure that you complete the packet, we will be testing over this material sometime during the first week of school. The test will be part calculator, part non-calculator.
You will have a chance to get your questions answered the first day or so of school. This packet will count as a homework grade.
Remember, I am not available for tutoring during the summer. I look forward to meeting you in August!
TCA contact: Mrs. Cyphert, firstname.lastname@example.org