Pre-Algebra Summer Review
Pre-Algebra - Summer Review
Pre-Algebra is an important course as it will be the basis of your foundation in algebra while preparing you for your future in mathematics. Our expectation is that each student is fully prepared; therefore, the following math concepts must be mastered prior to the beginning of Pre-Algebra. A set of review problems covering these topics is attached.
- Multiplication Tables (MEMORIZED!)
- Timed Quizzes
- 80 problems in 2 minutes (No multiples of zero or one)
- To create practice quizzes go to the following web site: http://www.mathaids.com/Multiplication/Advanced_Times_Tables_Drill.html
- Place value and rounding to that place
- Sum and Difference
- Product and Quotient
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
- Convert mixed numbers to improper fractions and vice versa
- Sum and Difference of Like Fractions
- Graphical Analysis
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Circle Graph
- Venn Diagram
- Unit conversion
- How to use math tools
- Basic Area and Volume
- Parent functions
If you struggle with any topics as you review, one web site is https://www.ixl.com/math/ . On IXL you will find many grade levels of example problems that you may find helpful if you have a particular struggle as you review. Other web sites with additional review material are http://www.coolmath.com/ and https://www.khanacademy.org/ .
Although completion of this review is optional, we will be testing over this material sometime during the first or second week of school to ensure that Pre-Algebra is the best place for you. You will have a chance to get some questions answered the first few days of class.
Remember, I am not available for tutoring during the summer. I look forward to meeting you in August!