9th Grade Summer Reading List
Bible - Case Against Darwin (James Perloff)
- Students WILL NOT need to do a paper or project related to their Bible summer reading.
- However, they will need to do the following:
- Finish the book before the first day of class and keep a reading log documenting their progress through the book.
- The students do not need to do anything other than record the date and time of each section they read.
- The reading log will need to be signed by a parent.
- Also, students will need to be prepared to discuss the book in class.
- Student participation in class discussions and related assignments (quizzes, journals, etc.) will be used to show student mastery of the summer reading material.
Welcome to your freshman year! Please find your class and follow the appropriate instructions in order to complete your summer reading. Your teachers are looking forward to a successful year; please complete your summer reading in its entirety in order to begin your school year well. Anticipate a test within the first week of school. See you in August!
English I - A Separate Peace (John Knowles)
- Through your TCA school email, join English I Summer Reading Google Classroom using the following code: feeijc3
- Read A Separate Peace.
- Make a personal copy of the Summer Reading Questions document posted on the Classroom using Google docs.
- Complete the Summer Reading Questions document as you read A Separate Peace by typing the answers.
- Bring the completed document to class on the first day of class.
If you have a question, please email Mrs. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an issue with joining the classroom, please email your first and last name and TCA email to Mrs. Johnston.