8th Grade Summer Reading List
Bible - Crazy Love (Francis Chan)
- Students WILL NOT need to do a paper or project related to their Bible summer reading.
- However, they will need to do the following:
- Finish the book before the first day of class and keep a reading log documenting their progress through the book.
- The students do not need to do anything other than record the date and time of each section they read.
- The reading log will need to be signed by a parent.
- Also, students will need to be prepared to discuss the book in class.
- Student participation in class discussions and related assignments (quizzes, journals, etc.) will be used to show student mastery of the summer reading material.
Welcome to your eighth grade year! Please follow the instructions below in order to complete your summer reading, which is due on the first day of school. Please complete your summer reading in its entirety in order to begin your school year well. Anticipate a test on The Hobbit within the first week of school. If you have a question, please email Mrs. Wheat at email@example.com.
English 8 - The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Using your TCA school email account, join the Eighth Grade Summer Reading Google Classroom using the following code: zfojnb5
- Read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Make a personal copy of The Hobbit Summer Reading Questions document posted on the Google Classroom.
- Complete the Summer Reading Questions document as you read The Hobbit.
- Submit your completed Summer Reading Questions on the Google Classroom when you are completely finished. Remember: You will not be able to access your work once it is submitted for grading.
If you have a question, please email Mrs. Creacy at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an issue with joining the classroom, please email your first and last name and TCA email to Mrs. Creacy.