7th Grade Math Summer Review
7th Grade Math - Summer Review
This course is important as it will be the basis of your foundation going into pre-algebra and preparing you for your future in mathematics. Our expectation is that each student is fully prepared; therefore, the following math concepts must be mastered prior to the beginning of this course. A set of review problems covering these topics is attached.
- Multiplication Tables (MEMORIZED!)
- Timed Quizzes
- 80 problems in 3 minutes (No multiples of zero or one)
- To create practice quizzes go to the following web site: http://www.mathaids.com/Multiplication/Advanced_Times_Tables_Drill.html
- Place value and rounding to that place
- Ordering from least to greatest
- Whole number operations
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
- Write mixed numbers and fractions from pictures
- Time conversions
- Using ruler and compass
- Graphical Analysis
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Circle Graph
- Venn Diagram
- Basic Area and Volume
If you struggle with any topics as you review, one web site is https://www.ixl.com/math/ . On IXL you will find many grade levels of example problems that you may find helpful if you have a particular struggle as you review. Other web sites with additional review material are http://www.coolmath.com/ and https://www.khanacademy.org/ .
Although completion of this review is optional, we will be testing over this material sometime during the first or second week of school to ensure that 7th Grade Math is the best place for you. You will have a chance to get some questions answered the first few days of class.